Sunday, April 28, 2013

Anything ~ Little painting

 
Anything. Acrylics, ink and graphite on Arches hotpress watercolour paper.
12,70 x 17,78 cm / 5" x 7 " 2013.
Available: €100,- (around 131,- USD)

I wanted to make 5 little paintings and this is the last one of the serie with the theme "hair". I surprised me to see that I struggled with the one that I thought was going to be easy. And the one that started as a difficult one ended up nice and easy.
With Golden Fluid paint I don't need the white ink pencil anymore. Thin lines are possible now. 
In the picture that I used for reference I saw a little red insect inside of the flower and I thought that it would be nice if they walked out of the 'diagonal flower world' on the left top corner.  

I'm going to organize a little 'give away' soon,  so keep an eye on my Facebook page!

Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
www.marjoleincaljouw.nl
There was one painting I just couldn't finish, because I tried too many times to sketch on top of layers of acrylic and the paint makes the surface too smooth for pencil and it has a plastic kind of feeling to it. So it's not possible to blend properly. So, I scribbled on it and it felt good. Normally I don't do that, but this was a never ending story and now I can leave it alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment